Travel Info | Travel FAQs | Advance Purchase & Discount Fares | Ticket Upgrades & Exchanges | How To Buy A Ticket | Important Information For New Travelers | Airport Shuttle Cancellation and Luggage Policies
How To Buy A Ticket
Purchasing a Valley Transit bus ticket is not only affordable, but easy. We offer three easy ways to purchase a ticket:
- Buy tickets at a Valley Transit Travel Center.
Valley Transit operates more than 40 Travel Centers where tickets are sold. You can purchase tickets for travel in advance or for the next bus available. These travel centers accept cash, traveler's checks, and many major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Diners Club cards issued in the U.S.
- Buy tickets online.
We currently offer a variety of advance purchase and unrestricted fares through the Greyhound Lines, Inc. website at www.greyhound.com. Tickets may be purchased online at least 10 days in advance of travel. In addition, you can purchase same-day tickets online for departures from Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Houston and Laredo.
- Buy a ticket for someone else.
To send a same-day ticket to a person in another city, a Prepaid Ticket Order (PTO) is available at major Greyhound locations nationwide. This ticket is transferred from one bus station to the other, under the following criteria:
- The buyer must pay a $18 service charge at time of purchase, regardless of number of tickets purchased.
- Tickets may not be sent outside the U.S.
- Both the station at which the ticket is purchased and the station at which it is to be picked up must be open at the time of transaction. Both stations must also be open at the time the ticket is to be picked up.
- Buyer and recipient should allow three hours from time of purchase to departure time to complete the transaction.
- Appropriate ID or a password is required to pick up the ticket.
- Only the purchaser may cancel the ticket or apply for a refund.
- The recipient has 10 days from purchase to pick up the ticket.
- The purchaser may also send a cash advance of no more than $50.00 or one-half the ticket price, whichever is greater, with the ticket. There is an additional $7 service charge for cash advances.
- PTO service charges are nonrefundable.